Super Science

Yesterday we had a visit from the Science Roadshow. The focus of the session was Sound Waves.

Some of the main messages about Sound Waves were how people hear different noises ow it travels because we did a little test with a noise that went so high pitched that we could hear it, it went up to about 20,000 before we couldn’t hear anymore, did you know that whales can hear up 150,000!

Something I enjoyed the most was the spinning mirror because it could make you really tall or really short and we looked funny here is a photo with it:

My favourite part of the Science Roadshow was when they tried the fire because they used a special type of glass that dosent burn, but we thought it was normal glass so he put a glove on his hand but then he put it on the wrong hand and we all thought his hand was going to burn off but no, it was just the glass that doesn’t burn.

Something I will take away from this visit was that whales have the best hearing! this is so cool because they are underwater  but still can hear better than us.

Who can hear better us or whales?