Trip to the art gallery!

Hi, welcome to my blog.

This is the Christchurch art gallery :

And this is Tumu:

On Monday we got the opportunity to go to there. The first bus left at 9:30, which had tumu 1 on it. (That would normally be Mrs Carney’s class but the teachers switched it up and Miss Gill took them. They came back around 11:00-11:30 am, I’m in tumu two and Mrs Carney took us to the art gallery, our bus took of around 12:00 pm, when three of my other friends and I saw the bus we immediately saw the four seater that we sprinted to get, when we arrived at the gallery we were around 10 minutes early so we just played outside on the grass, when we got in we had two lovely instructors who showed us two mesmerising painting both by the artist Louise Henderson, the first one they showed us was called December which was an abstract style painting that looked like this:

The next one they showed was another Louise Henderson abstract painting but this one was called November and looked like this: The lady doing the tour told us that one of the paintings were missing, so we got to make one! She told us that we can trace our initials, mine is L.R.F. We got to mix and match colours and make our own, the colours that I chose were purple,green and blue, in the end I looked a bit silly because the colours were darker then I intended but still looked fine, when we were done we cleaned up and washed our hand and when i tell you he bathrooms were fancy I mean it, everything was on the wall and the soap dispenser was so cool.

Here are some photos of what the Experience looked like (these are not of me):

We are so grateful that they let us come and look and make art. This was a great experience for not only me but the rest of my hub!

Have you ever gone here!